Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trying ClassPager

From Freetech4teachers, I discovered ClassPager. Check out Richard's description here. I've created a class and have made a paper invitation for all the ABE students. I want to see how they respond to this idea and if it will be used often.

Here are my initial thoughts on the technology.
Positives:
Allows individual and group messages.
Allows for polling to use in class.
Allows for texting without sharing phone numbers.
Very simple set up and use.

Negatives:
Only one class is free.
Doesn't have digest into email form.
Another place you have to look for student communication.

What are your thoughts on this?

2 comments:

  1. You may have discovered in this week's course section the information about emailing to cell phone numbers. I think that can also be a tool to use and it sounds easy and simple although I must confess I haven't tried it this way. I have used Google Voice for texting and had success with it, especially convenient that when people reply (via text messaging) you get an email in your inbox, so no texting charges apply. Plus I also prefer the full keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've switched to Google Voice! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete